The summer heat hasn’t slowed us down given we’ve released another great Recollective product update to all our customers. For August 2019 we created a new solution for customizing charts and their related data tables. Also, if you haven’t already done so, please read about our product updates from May and July.
Chart customization has probably been our most requested feature enhancement for some time and that’s for a good reason. We want our researchers to spend time engaging and moderating, not rebuilding charts in Excel. When a chart doesn’t exactly meet your needs (e.g. for inclusion in a client presentation), recreating it from raw data can waste a lot of time.
Recollective now provides a fantastic amount of flexibility for nearly all the task types with a chart summary.
The new chart customizations include:
- Chart title and sub-title editing
- Chart type and orientation setting (e.g. vertical bar chart)
- Chart mode setting (data labels as values or percentages)
- Renaming, re-coloring or hiding items (e.g. choices, columns, rows, cards, groups, ratings, etc.)
- Grouping related items (data is instantly combined in the summary table and its related chart)
- Sorting dynamically or manually (e.g. by value, name, etc.)
Another key improvement in this release is also related to charts. Study administrators can now customize the default color theme for all charts in a study. Once set, a chart will cycle through the defined colors while still allowing individual color overrides to take place for each chart.